Preparation<br> to the cover
Our tattoo removal solution is also a very effective way to prepare your skin for a future cover.
The Cover package allows you to tone down the intensity of your old tattoo, so you have more freedom to create a new one! A reduced number of sessions will lighten your tattoo, making it easier to cover. This method is recommended by many tattoo artists. Only 8 weeks after your last session, your skin will be able to be retattooed.
The price of this service will be determined according to your expectations and the tattoo to be partially or completely erased.
Discover the cover rates.
Course of the tattoo removal sessions
Pregnancy / Breastfeeding / Tattooing with handmade inks / Chronic and auto-immune disease / Cancer / Immunosuppressive therapy / Insulin-dependent diabetes / Epilepsy / Hemophilia / Recent prosthesis / Recent surgery / Keloid / Healing problem / Dermatosis / Varicose veins in the treatment area / Fitzpatrick skin type level 5 and + / Minors / Photosensitizing treatments
1 - The consultation
The very first step is a consultation with one of our Bye Bad Tattoo experts at the center of your choice. First of all, it will allow us to understand your objectives (remove the traces of the past, remove the tattoo for a better tattoo, prepare the skin before a new tattoo…). During this session, we will introduce you to the health questionnaire. A MedTest will also be performed in order to assess the reaction of the pigment to the picosecond laser and thus evaluate the feasibility of the treatment and define the number of sessions.
This 30-minute consultation with a Bye Bad Tattoo expert is not free. However, it is included in all Bye Bad Tattoo packages.
Following this first appointment, tattoo removal sessions will follow every 6 to 8 weeks depending on the healing cycle of your skin.
The picosecond laser allows for a tattoo removal in 6 to 10 sessions, the number depending on the depth of the pigment implantation and the quality of the ink used.
2 - A few days before the session
Read the “Recommendations” section. Apart from following these recommendations such as avoiding sun exposure, there is nothing to do before your tattoo removal sessions.
3 - Before the session
For more comfort, apply an EMLA-type anesthetic cream 60 minutes before your appointment and cover the area with plastic wrap.
4 - During the session
Our experts will prepare your skin before the laser treatment by disinfecting the area. The duration of a session is generally very short and depends on the surface of the area to be detatched. After the laser treatment, your skin will be disinfected again and a healing cream will be applied as well as a bandage if there is a risk of rubbing. Red LED light therapy can be performed to accelerate healing and regenerate tissue.
5 - After the session
Read and follow the “Recommendations” section. Apply the healing cream to the treated area 3 to 4 times a day for the first week, then 1 to 2 times a day for 1 month.
6 - At the end of the treatment
At the end of the treatment, your skin will be as good as new, free of all traces of the past!
- Not to have performed a photosensitizing treatment on the area to be detatched 6 months before.
- Do not expose the area to be detatched to the sun or UV light for at least 2 weeks before and during the entire treatment. You can protect the area with a bandage or a sun cream protection factor 50+ if necessary (application to be renewed every hour).
- Not to have undergone permanent hair removal treatment on the area to be detatched 15 days before.
- Keep the area as clean as possible.
- Do not expose the area to be de-tattooed to sunlight or UV light during the entire treatment period and up to 3 months afterwards. You can protect the area with a bandage or a sun cream of protection index 50 + after the first week only (application to be renewed every hour).
- Take care of your skin by applying a healing cream 3 to 4 times a day for the first week and then 1 to 2 times for 1 month.
- If scabs or blisters appear, do not scratch them and continue applying the cream.
- Avoid contact with water and perspiration on the detatched area for at least 48 hours.
- Do not go to the pool, steam room or sauna for one week after the session.
- Do not wax the area or apply irritating products, such as scrubs or stains.